like this post if you’re a band kid in washington state
For all the late night games and competitions.
For those insane bus rides.
For the laughter shared throughout everyone.
For the tears shed for the good and bad.
For the pointless arguments between members.
For bringing everyone closer as a family.
For the life long friendships made.
For the years past and the years to come.
For those old members who won’t be forgotten and the new members waiting for their journey to start.
For those annoying, yet catchy tunes that are forced to be played.
For long practices and sectionals.
For slight frustrations.
For making me a better musician and a better person.
The difference between learning a modern language and an ancient language is that in first year French you learn “Where is the bathroom?” and “How do I get to the train station?” and in first year Attic Greek or Latin you learn “I have judged you worthy of death” and “The tyrant had everyone in the city killed.”
Today was our last day of practice and we’re going to Everett this weekend for out last competition! Fellow band members on tumblr, if you’re in Everett this weekend at the Puget Sound festival, come say hi to me! Gonna be a great week :)
things i need u to please know right now:
- bad days don’t last forever
- napping is never a crime
- all the cells in ur body are working so hard to keep u healthy and happy and they love u very much
- also dogs, they love u very much
- instant hot chocolate takes 2 minutes to make and requires no culinary expertise please indulge urself
- u are a part of this world
- and a very important part
- don’t doubt that for a single second
so so so happy the band director said that I’m always amazing I’m gonna fuckin cry
i need to go to bed goodnight everyone who’s still up